Rate of pay: starting at £9.00 per hour
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, moving to Pontefract later in the year.
Experience of very fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment and a strong work ethic are the main criteria for this role, however, previous experience of welding stainless steel would be an advantage. You will be required to work shifts.
The successful candidates will be part of a team manufacturing a wide variety of stainless steel or copper hot water cylinders.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Operating and cleaning assembly and production machinery;
- Learning skills appropriate to the manufacture of stainless steel and copper cylinders;
- Working to a high level of quality;
- Informing Team Leaders of issues within the workplace;
- Conducting basic testing and quality checks;
- Adhering to relevant health and safety policies and procedures in all work activities;
- Keeping work areas and the factory floor clean and free from hazardous material;
- Adhering to operational procedures and production timelines
In addition to the above we require:
- Strong attention to detail;
- High standard of attendance at work;
- Educated to GCSE level or above.
- Experience of welding will be an advantage but is not essential
- Current shift patterns: 07:30-16:30 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 12:30 Friday and 14:00 to 23:30 Monday to Thursday, 10:00 to 15:30 Friday.
- Occasional requirement to work Saturdays.